Sunday 25 September 2011

Swansea Grand Theatre 24th September 2011

I think last night was one of the best nights I have ever had and thank you to everyone who came to see us, funniest moment for me was the cow with a sore throat oh yes and the sheep with no voice. Do drop me a line on the contact page and let me know what your favourite bit was, some liked the Wyn and his helicopter ride, some liked the same dress story. My band played brilliantly didn’t they, all great musicians, Michael Morwood musical director and piano, Paul Shepherd on drums, Jon Goode on Bass and Julian Tucker on woodwind and 2nd Keyboards. Rhian Griffith did an amazing job taking care of the first half and the audience loved her, she has a real likeability and an amazing voice. My sound is provided by Neath Music www.neathmusic.com Adrian and Ian Bamford who have been looking after our front of house and monitor mix for a good 7yrs now, they are simply the best. I know this is a pat on the back here for my team but do you know what, why not, they make my show come alive.
I had another reason to be proud last night as my son Tom designed the lighting for the show and operated the lighting board too, so well done Tom it looked awesome.
Mrs Doyle was there last night to, I sang “our” song and she loved it “The Way You Look Tonight” and she looked good too!


Thanks also to the hugely talented Lyn Mackay the Swansea girl who is making a splash on the cruise ships. Good friend and a great performer. check her out at http://www.lynmackaymusic.com/

I have a script day today for Trade Centre Wales for the next ads and tomorrow we go to the studios at Real Radio and record them as the next morning I fly to Rome from Cardiff via Amsterdam so a nice 3am wake up call on Tuesday for me, I’m joining the brand new luxurious Celebrity Silhouette which is only about 2 months old, it’s the same build as the Eclipse but with a few twists, photos will follow.

I am feeling tired this morning I was downstairs at 7am, I woke with a bad headache but feeling good at the same time because of last night, thanks Sarra, Leslie, Meryl and Roy who hardly miss a show and also to my bank manager Sandy and her husband who kindly came along, I could hear Sandy laughing out loud!! And thanks to the "Duke" and "Duchess" who traveled over 200 miles to see the show from Kent, Wow!!!
A massive thanks to Ian Parsons and his lovely family for being there too, Ian takes care of my website and does so much hard work behind the scenes, I couldn’t do it without him.

Finally thank you to Nick Taggart of Nett UK for promoting the show at Swansea Grand we have come a long way since Saltdean in Brighton Nick…cheers!

Have a good day all what ever you are doing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment