Friday 30 September 2011

Celebrity Silhouette 26 - 30 September 2011

After the brilliant night at Swansea Grand it was back to recording an ad for Trade Centre Wales

Yesterday I finished up another wacky ad and was soon in bed after having a delicious lamb curry that my wife Marie made, boy it was lovely. I had a good 5 hours sleep and the alarm went off at 3am and the car www.executivecarswales.co.uk picked me up at 4am, I had a flight to Amsterdam at 6am and another from there to Rome at 10am, I am on that flight now enjoying writing away on my brand new shiny Apple MacBook Pro 13 inch piece of beauty, I have always wanted one and now here it is and it’s fantastic, so loads to explore on it while I am away on Celebrity Silhouette. See you later onboard!

I landed on time and as I am only here for 3 days I didn’t bring a suitcase with me just hand luggage so I didn’t have to go to baggage reclaim, what a joy not to bother doing all that and hoping the case will be there. I walked straight out into the arrivals hall to meet the driver who’s taking me to the ship only he wasn’t there, oh the panic, well not really, I rang my agent in Surrey and they gave me the numbers to ring in Rome, all a mishap my driver was waiting for me in T3 and I was at T1. It’s a hot day here today 30°, there are a few ships in with us today, just across from us is the huge RCCL ship Adventure of the Seas.
It was soon time for emergency drills and after that I met with my old pal and best sound man at sea Steffen Edwards I am so happy he’s here, I also met the Production Manager Justin who gave me a big welcome, they are so good at that over here on Celebrity and RCCL, means allot to someone just joining the ship.

Tonight is a variety show, isn’t wonderful that variety is alive and well out here on cruise ships, Amen to that! My shows are on 29th September I have an 8.30pm & a 10.45pm show so until then I get to relax and enjoy this awesome ship Celebrity Silhouette that is 10 weeks old today.

I very much enjoyed the Welcome Show last night, the cruise director is a great entertainer himself, he sings, he’s funny and really connects with the crowd, his name is Neil Weir. They have changed quite allot on here in terms of design compared with the Eclipse. These ships are what they call Solstice Class ships, the first being the Celebrity Solstice then came the Equinox and the Eclipse and now of course the ship I’m on now the Celebrity Silhouette, they do have another coming out soon called the Celebrity Refection. The differences on here compared with the other Solstice Class ships are subtle in places but the big changes are at the Lawn


Club where they have taken away the Hot Glass Show and put in it’s place a grill bar-b-que style area which you cook yourself, it is awesome, also there is an other change where there was open grass area they have individual summer houses and a small restaurant called The Porch, great for breakfast or lunch. They have the ilounge which is an internet cafĂ© and an official Apple Store so loving that, above that is the most crazy place the Hideaway where you can chill and have a coffee, chat or sleep and there are three tree houses to escape to, this ship is just amazing. The Silhouette Theatre is the same as the one on Eclipse and is just amazing, it has 1300 seats and the sight lines are perfect.
Ok see you later.
I had a nice cold half and a lovely lunch at The Porch, what a lovely place to have lunch, the sun was shining and still is actually. I think it’s fab weather at home at the moment and about time, it has been another poor summer so some late September and October warm sunny weather will be most appreciated by us all, I cut the lawns before I came away so at least Sam can enjoy the garden.
I met with Jamie the Production manager and he tells me he only wants about 30 minutes from me tomorrow night for my show, as I am to be part of a variety show.
I’m having so much fun with my new MacBook Pro it really is the best computer I have ever had, the iPhoto application is brilliant.



I am staying in tonight and I’m going to watch some TV maybe a film on the in house hard drive from the telly, it is quite cool to be able to access films and documentary’s.
I have just watched Anthony Hopkins in an amazing film called “The Rite” a tad scary but brilliant, if you get the chance to see you really must, he is a great actor.

I have felt quite alone today, I don’t know anyone on here, it’s not like being on Eclipse where I know so many but because it’s the same style of ship it feels strange, I keep expecting to see my mate Mark Tomley walk around the corner or Dru the cruise director, I haven’t met this cruise director yet, he seems like a nice guy, I do hope so!

I hope I sleep well tonight, sometimes when I have my show the next day I can’t sleep, Its my first time on this ship and once again I am the new boy and feel I have to prove myself again.

I can’t wait to go home, it is my birthday on Saturday 1st October and I shall be 51yrs old, I started in show business in 1975 and turned professional in 1980 and I’m still doing it so to speak, just like Elton John’s song “I’m Still Standing”. Good night!
Good Morning! Yes I slept well!!! Today we are in Mykonos and the sun is shining but it is blowing a gale out there, I can’t believe we actually docked this afternoon. My shows are tonight 8.30pm and 10.45pm and we sail at 10pm so please let there be a good house for the first show, lets hope they don’t go ashore tonight instead.

Today is also a tough day as someone I know very well is in hospital having heart surgery as we speak, I don’t want to say much more as this is a family matter and I pray that he will pull through.

See you later!
Just back from my rehearsal and what a band, they are a real good punchy band with a fab musical director Ian Brock and what with my favorite sound man on ships Steffen Edwards I’m in for a real treat on stage tonight, all I need now is 2 good houses and I’m your man.

Home tomorrow, I have a flight out of Athens at 1.30pm for London Heathrow, I should be home for 6.30pm. I cannot wait to see Sam and Marie. On Saturday is my birthday and Marie has booked a table at one of my favorite restaurants “Bar 46” on Broadlands so tapas for me.
2hrs to go before my first show, ha ha I can hear my old mate Tony Wright saying “ah but what a lovely 2hrs) and he’s right so it’s feet up until it’s time to get ready!

Both shows went great last night, not many British in mainly Americans and Canadians and they loved it, but some didn’t get a few jokes like “it’s so posh in Cardiff even the Fire Brigade is ex directory” and “have I done my De Je Vo gag?” but other than that it went great.

I am now at Athens airport now at the gate getting ready to board the plane for Heathrow. My next job is Grandeur of the Seas joining in Palma and then Independence of the Seas in which I’m taking my son Tom with me, thanks for checking in and see you soon.

On the plane now and I’m getting bored so my new MacBook Pro has helped out, there are still stuff I need to add to it and download but it really is a fab computer!
Landed at T1 Heathrow and my driver has been held up in traffic so just as I thought I would be straight out with no having to wait for my luggage I’m sat at Costa Coffee waiting, oh well no harm done, home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment