Sunday 16 October 2011

Independence Of The Seas 11-16 October 2011

I only had 48hrs at home this time, poor Sam he doesn’t half put up with me and Marie too! In this short time I still managed to record another ad for TCW and enjoyed some of Marie’s fab home cooking, sausage casserole I recommend it to everybody.
I picked my son Tom up at noon today and made our way back to our house and another lovely meal from Marie, we were soon picked up by Executive Cars www.executivecarswales.com and taken to Cardiff Airport for a 5.25pm flight to Amsterdam. We are then flying to Lisbon from Amsterdam and should be there around 10.50pm. We stay in a hotel tonight and join the mighty 162,000ton RCI Independence of the Seas, it will be Toms first cruise on her and he is very excited, it will be a nice break for him as he has worked so very hard all year on his stage management course at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, all this will be all very well but Tom has a sad day ahead of him in fact we all have, his Granddad passed away last week and the funeral will be when we come back from this cruise, his Granddad was a fine man and worked at Cadbury’s all his working life, whenever I have a bar of chocolate I always think of him and I always will! My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Tom and I are now onboard the plane to Amsterdam, it’s only a short flight about 55mins then we have the mad dash to get to the next gate for Lisbon.

It was a mad dash we got to our next flight by the skin of our teeth, so glad we opted to take hand luggage only, it’s the way forward in travel I tell you.
We got to our hotel the beautiful Radisson Blu and were given beautiful suites one each, how posh. After a good nights sleep we got a taxi to the ship, Tom as I thought was blown away by the size of this thing, he loves the Royal Promenade with the Morgan sports car parked out side the Vintages wine bar, the pub, the theatre took his breathe away, its 1700 seats by the way, we walked around the whole ship and it seemed to take ages, its that big it took an hour, the weather is fab its 30degs today and set to stay the same for our cruise.


I’m not working for three nights so lets relax and enjoy!

Tom and I met at 6.30pm had a quick pint at the Dog & Badger Pub and then went to see the amazing hypnotist Christopher Caress what a show, I last saw him on the Celebrity Eclipse, he has an amazing show www.christophercaress.com if you ever get the chance to see this guy go see him.

Bed early tonight as we had such a long day yesterday and we feel really tired so early to bed it is then! Good night!

Tom was knocking on my door at 9.30am and we had a fab breakfast around 10am, we have been invited to the Ice Show at 3pm this afternoon by James the Cruise Director so we are very excited about that. We bumped into Christopher Caress in one of the shops and we had a great chat in one the café’s he is a very interesting man, he invented the “Thompson Gold” holidays, has been a cruise director and of course an amazing hypnotist, he gave my son Tom some very good advice too!


Lunch was spent at the awesome Johnny Rockets American Diner, Tom thought it was a really cool place, all the waiters every 20mins dance for the guests, and it really is an amazing place to go eat.


We then went to the Ice Show in Studio B and what a show, they have ice stars from all over the world, it’s hard to come to terms with the fact there is an Ice Rink onboard a cruise ship and it was packed there must have been about a thousand people in there.

Tonight Tom and I are going to the theatre to see a huge show called “Under The Big Top” and we can’t wait. Tomorrow it’s my turn.

We are in Gran Canaria today and it’s a bit cloudy unfortunately. We sail at 7pm and my first show is at that time so I do hope I get some people in. My rehearsal is at 5pm and shows at 7pm & 9pm.

Just in from the 7pm show and I couldn’t believe it, we were 80% full and we sailed at the same time 7pm…I am so pleased, thank you to everyone who came. I have the 9pm show to do now in 50mins time and I am well up for it.
Oh yes what a crowd, what a night, I loved it and I got 2 standers so well happy, thank you for being a great crowd.


We are in Tenerife today and it’s lovely weather, we sail at 6pm and tomorrow Tom and I fly home to Cardiff from Funchal via Lisbon and Amsterdam, it will be a long day, we fly ay 11am so taxi at 8am from the ship and we will be home at 9.15pm into Cardiff, back at the house around 10.30pm, but well worth it as the job went really well and Tom has had a nice holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment