Saturday 29 October 2011

Celebrity Eclipse October 2011


Once again I only had 48hrs at home and was soon on my way again to join a ship, this time I’m back on the beautiful Celebrity Eclipse and joining me on there is my old mate and very funny man Pete Matthews, www.crazyjuggler.com so I will have plenty of stories to tell over the coming week…stay tuned!


I joined the ship after having 3 flights to get to Palermo and I was welcomed by Pete Matthews and went out that night in Palermo for an amazing pizza, it was a great night with great company, also with us at the table was Bret Cave, I haven’t seen him since 1991, he was working at Osmington Bay Holiday Park near Weymouth which was a Pontins Park and I was there once a week as guest entertainer, it was one of the best parks to work and we all had a fantastic time, so quite a shock to see him again, he’s on the Eclipse too and has a great act I hear.

I found out that Sam Kane is joining the ship in Venice, I can’t wait to see him as I want to shake his hand for what he has done for my son Tom, every year Tom does panto for Qdos and for the past 4 years he has worked with Sam and his lovely wife Linda Lusardi and has learnt so much and Sam has been very good to Tom, so as a Dad I want to say a big thank you to him, he is with Sam and Linda again this panto season at the Grand Theatre Wolvohampton.
Today we are at sea and sailing to Venice, my show is tonight 8.45pm and 10.45pm.

Also cruising with us are two very good friends of mine Richard and Gladys who I have affectionately called for many years “The Duke and Duchess of Kent” it’s a long story but once upon a time on Oriana I jokingly called them the Duke and Duchess and a routine was born and I have had hundreds of them since, but Gladys will always remain the first, the original, never equaled and most worthy Duchess of them all. I am meeting with them in 30mins time for a coffee and a catch up.

I am so pleased to see that Adam Scott is still here, he is my favorite guitar player ever, he plays Spanish Flamenco and is world class…here’s a photo of Adam and I.



I had a great lunch this afternoon with Pete, I had a beautiful sirloin steak and a ceaser salad, the food on Celebrity is of a very high standard as it is on most top cruise lines to be honest, talking about food I do miss my mate Executive Chef Trevor Connolly from P&O Cruises Arcadia, now he is an amazing chef.
I have my rehearsal and sound check in 45mins for my show tonight so see you later.

Great band, great sound, great lights and a fantastic theatre, I can’t wait to work tonight! I haven’t seen the cruise director Dru yet, he’s a great guy and he and I work well together, he’s great to do an impression of!




I love this ship!

I had two great shows last night. Pete came to both bless him, he’s such a mate.

Today we are in Venice and just as I was having a coffee with The Duke and Duchess of Kent (Richard and Gladys from Royal Tunbridge Wells) in walked Sam Kane and his wife Linda Lusardi with their children, I couldn’t thank him enough for what he has done for my son Tom, as I said earlier my son Tom works with Sam and Linda every year in panto, so once again Sam and Linda a huge thank you to you both.

Here I am with Sam Kane and Linda Lusardi.



Here I am with the Duke & Duchess of Kent (Richard & Gladys)






I rang my son Tom and Sam Kane went on the phone first of all and Tom had a great surprise, Tom thinks the world of Sam and he feels the same about Tom…I felt so proud!
Sailing out of Venice was awesome, take a look at some of the photos I took sailing out from the ships bow.





Stunning!

These photos were taken from the Helipad on the bow of the mighty Celebrity Eclipse.

I know the sun is out but it is quite cold in Venice today.


Breathe taking!

Beautiful place, I have been lucky enough to have been coming back and for to Venice for over 15yrs.
I have been so complacent the past over where I have been and now I’m older I so very much appreciate it more and more each day.

Now I have a nice camera it’s such a pleasure to be able to take such lovely photos, I hope you like them too!


You can’t really take a bad photo here can you!

Here’s one of Linda and Me….sorry!




Yes sorry indeed…no I’m joking I have know Linda for years, we met in Blackpool in 1991, we did a Radio 2 show together on top of an open top bus going around the Prom in Blackpool.
Tonight it’s Brett Cave in the Theatre so no doubt Pete and I will be going along!

Brett did a fine job last night, he did loads of Billy Joel and Manilow stuff so I liked that allot! check out Brett Cave at www.brettcave.co.uk
Today we are in Dubrovnik Croatia, it’s a lovely sunny day with a slight chill in the breeze, and we are in with a few ships, the RCCL Voyager of the Seas and the Saga Pearl 2. I got off the ship for a walk and take some photos and when I walked over to the Saga ship and as I was standing at the foot of their gangway chatting to the security about the Saga Rose and Saga Ruby, there are still some of the Cunard boys working on the Ruby as it was the Cunard Caronia before it became the Ruby, Marie and I loved the Caronia.

Taken from the Lawn Club onboard.


Tonight we have my mate Pete Matthews in the Eclipse Theatre, he is such a good act he really is, I always feel a sense of pride when I watch Pete work as I was there at his very first summer season, we were on the Cannon & Ball Show at the North Pier Theatre Blackpool together in 1991 and then again in 1992 at the Britannia Pier Theatre Gt. Yarmouth, I always knew he would do great things in his career, well done Pete and I can’t wait for the show tonight.

We are about to sail now and have two days at sea ahead of us, I have an afternoon Q&A tomorrow afternoon at 3.30pm and it’s Sam Kane’s show in the Theatre tomorrow night, I am looking forward to that.

I have just seen Pete Matthews show…unbelievable, clever and very very funny, Pete has come on miles since we did our summer season with Cannon & Ball, what a performer and so much energy it’s unreal! Well-done Pete a top show.

I spent the day with Pete today playing golf, well putting really and enjoying the sun, he had a lot of great comments about his show last night…good for him too as he was on fire last night.

Tonight is the Sam Kane Show but before that I am going to Qsine for dinner with F&B Manager Mark Tomley.
Qsine was as always an amazing dining experience and thank you Mark for a fabulous dinner.
Next was Sam Kane in concert and what a concert it was, he sang some beautiful songs including One For My Baby, A tribute to Dean Martin which was stunning and he even did a Michael Buble song, he is a great act and a great bloke too and his lovely family Linda, Lucy and Jack, it has been a pleasure.
Today another day at sea and I have a long day ahead, my talk is at 3pm then my shows which I share the stage with the brilliant Brett Cave at 7pm and 8.45pm then I am in the Liar’s Club show at 10.45pm then I must pack to go home tomorrow!
My 3pm talk went great and I got a full house so many thanks to those who came along, it was a bit nerve wrecking to do the talk infront of my fellow turns so to speak but to be honest they supported me brilliantly…thanks guys.

Pete rehearsing!




Just an hour to go to my 7pm show and now I have my talk out the way I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment