Tuesday 17 July 2012

Brilliant on the Brilliance!

What a month it has been, my mothers 70th birthday, Sam’s 5th Birthday and Mam and Dad’s 52nd Wedding Anniversary, I took Mam and Dad with me on the Brilliance of the Seas to Norway and the Fjords, they loved it, we flew to Molde in Norway from Cardiff via Amsterdam and Oslo, it was a long day that day what with three flights, but well worth it when we finally got to Molde, the sun was shining the sky was blue and snow all over the nearby mountains, just look at the these photos!
Fab isn’t it, our hotel was very nice and very comfortable and right on the water, it did not go dark at all whilst we were there, 24hr daylight, Mam and Dad couldn’t get over it, we were having a drink in a bar at 11.45pm and the sun was out. Oh yes the drinks, Dad nearly fell through the floor at the price of the drinks, it was in our money £10 a pint of beer and the same for a glass of red wine, crazy isn’t it! We all loved our time in Molde, it’s a very nice quiet little town with the best drivers in the world, everyone and I mean everyone drove at the speed limit, 30mph really is 30mph in Norway, they must have some kind of huge fine if you break the speed limit! Please forgive me but I am writing this blog a few weeks after our time on the Brilliance, I usually write day by day and sometimes in real time. We also went to Alesund and beautiful Olden I think these photos say it all. The only thing that went wrong on this trip, well it worked out ok in the end but, my audience were 60% Spanish 30% German and the rest Brits and Americans, it was tough but somehow I did it, I even made myself laugh, I tried to talk in a Spanish accent but in English, so surreal! We got back home and my Mam and Dad just had the most wonderful time, Mam made friends with Sheila Trott my boss and they are going to keep in touch! The next cruise just 2 days after my parents was to Alicante with Marie and Sam my wife and our son, Sam had his 5th Birthday on the ship, this time the 160,000ton Independence of the Seas, we were only on the ship for 3 days in which I worked one of the nights but we had a great time, we played in the water park called H20 Zone, we went to an Ice Show, saw one of the spectacular production show called Once Upon A Time, Sam loved that show, it’s a great ship for families as there is heaps to do!
Here’s some phots of our time on Independence of the Seas.

No comments:

Post a Comment